Monday, October 17, 2011

Hi Aggie fans!

My name is Shelby Tamura and I am a sophomore this year at State. The best part about being a sophomore is of course, no more freshman equipment duties! But with the riddance of old responsibilities comes new ones; you have a whole year of experience under your belt and you are expected to use that knowledge to the fullest. I remember in my freshman year it was difficult to adjust to the pace of collegiate volleyball. I had a high bar set for myself coming into season and to this day I will not settle for any performance that falls short of what my teammates and coaches expect from me.
This year I am working hard to perfect my technique as well as use my knowledge to help out the freshman class below me. I believe that over a year I have grown both mentally and physically- and will continue growing to become the player that will make a difference to this team.

#8 Shelby Tamura