Friday, September 23, 2011


Hello Crimson Fans!
My name is Bradley Nash, and I'm from a small town called Kayenta--its on the Navajo Reservation in Northeastern Arizona. I loved growing up there; the support the athletes received was wonderful and helped me develop a good sense of pride and school spirit--something that has definitely transferred as I've come here to NMSU. The competition was pretty dang good but there was one problem: I was a good distance from any club volleyball organization. So while most collegiate athletes are picked up during club season, I never got that opportunity. It has made the transition slightly more difficult, I believe, because although nothing quite compares to the speed of Division I volleyball, club-caliber competition is probably a lot closer to it than high school ball. Although I wish I could have been able to play club ball, especially since I love volleyball so much, my high school did play year round, and I also played basketball, which is a pretty big deal on the reservation, so I was constantly competing athletically. Through this tough transition, I have found that the upperclassmen have been really helpful, as well as the coaches. I have a feeling the success of Aggie Volleyball will only continue to thrive, and nothing less! I hope all you Aggie fans come watch our always exciting, nail biting, kung fu fighting (thank you my wonderful roomie Meredith Hays for that lovely description) matches all season!
GO AGGIES!
Bradley Nash #9